But I don't care. I'm pretty sure I know how I'm going to meet the love of my life.... it's been in my head since I was a pre-teen and watched adults and how they interact with one another, and when I see couples and what not. Something tells me... it's going to be unexpected and perfect.
At a party. Or a get together of some sort where most likely, I'm going to be left alone for one moment, and then he'll approach me. And as they say... the rest will be history.
Don't ask why I think this. It's not romantic and it's not completely ideal, but somehow, it just feels right.
Problem is, I don't go to get-togethers because I don't care to get drunk and nobody throws actual "bar-b-ques" anymore. Sigh.....
Someday. Till now, I'm pretty content just being a simple cocktail waitress who works to put herself through college and to put food in a bowl for her cats. Church, school, work, and the occasional Wing Night or lounge by the pool with some wine.... That's my life. And I think it's pretty fantastic.
Life is what happens to you while you are chasing your dreams.
ReplyDeleteWishful thinking never hurt anyone, and hope is the force which makes the world revolve.
Sorry to be speaking in proverbs (Hobo says:)
i personally love the ordinary, as far as meetings go. i like being totally caught off guard and having amazing chemistry talking with someone who you didn't even notice at first.
ReplyDeletelust at first sight is what happens when you throw alcohol in the mix. or then the "idea" of being w/ someone you find really attractive sets in and you both speak way too soon about how much you love each other. ha! good times.....
i love your childlike views. (hopefully that didn't come out too condescending) never lose that though. then you wind up a bitter old hag!
how does that quote go? something about "love like you've never loved before" i try to live by that....
I have a very similar thought, well except for the whole cocktail waitress paragraph. But where do you meet that person if you dont go out or engage in many social activities. Or has that person already passed you by for the time being. And where is the line drawn for being too analytical. I bet you didn't think i follow your blog did you?
ReplyDelete