Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you reall

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you reall
Go Broncos!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Trying Hard to Listen

I've made my mistakes... and I'm trying to learn from them. But sometimes, I feel so ashamed, that I'm almost positive that even God has slammed the door in my face. And when He doesn't... I'm just amazed at His grace.

Here I am, with a sad heart... and God starts speaking to me. I'm wondering how the hell I brought myself to the Nissan dealership for one simple $24.95 oil change and I'm walking out spending $168 instead because I have to replace a tire, when all of a sudden I'm on my GPS looking for the Texas Children's Hospital.

I knew I had to go. It was strange. At first it was just an automatic offer of, "Well if you need anything, let me know, I have the night off," which turned into, "I'm going to get there as soon as possible." Although there was no emergency, I just knew that I had to go.

I got to 610 and Alameda, and even before I realized I was completely lost and choking back tears. I haven't stepped into the doors of a Children's Hospital for 4 years now, and didn't have any plans to go back. I volunteered at the Denver Children's Hospital and felt SO SAD at the things I had seen, that I couldn't return.... the helplessness gave way and my heart just wanted to break for the things that I would see within my 5 hour shifts on the 4th floor.

James is so brave. He is so smart, so clever, and has such a big heart... why does he have to be sick?

I was in tears before the ride, but on the way home I just bawled. As if God wasn't showing me enough, on comes the song, "Your Guardian Angel," and at one point I passed a billboard reading: "You only live once, make sure its enough."

What can I do Lord? There was just too much laid upon my heart to ignore. It's no longer about how much compassion and sincerity I have... it's about getting past the fears, the feeling of helplessness and just asking God for the right path.

I have to pray more about this.... but I'm feeling certain that I need to go to school to help James. I can't watch this beautiful little boy go through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment